The two main parts needed is of course a roll film back. I chose the Graflex 23 6x9 for its size, the Mamiya type backs may be better, but they would obscure the viewfinder. And you also need the mounting plate for a 600SE. On one of my CB-103 backs I measured the distance from the mount face as it meets the camera, and the film plane (I inserted a used film pack) and measured the corresponding distance with the Graflex taped to the mounting plate. 3,2mm needed shaving off somewhere. It can´t be done on the Graflex, there isn´t enough material to grind off. So I took a Dremel to the mounting plate and after a couple of hours had ground out enough for the Graflex to fit.
I then made a skirt and glued it to the Graflex in order to mate it to the mount. Painted black and applied light sealant before screwing the two halves together.
|The parts, some tools and a cup of Livanto Lungo. Skirt seen to lower right. |
It fits around the edge of the Graflex, glued 3.2mm from the face it
forms a lip enabling mounting to the adapter plate
|The 600SE mounting plate, or adapter. 3.2mm has been ground out|
from the right edge and just beyond the left edge of the light opening. Width
as for the Graflex back, not much more than the breadth of the opening top to bottom.
|Lip glued to the Graflex, allowing the back to fit into the depression|
in the mounting plate. Then screwed to the mount. Flocked all round.
|As seen from the mount face|
|Mounted on the 110A|
|Polaroid 110A/600SE, Portra BW400CN, Caffenol-C-H|